All Weather System Siding
UltraShield@ wall cladding is the ultimate solution for exterior walls because it combines the toughness and longevity of a capped wood plastic composite with an engineered design. The shield gives the wall cladding unbeatable colors and textures, with highly stain & UV resistance, making it long lasting and ultra low maintenance.
Benefits of Composite Wood Siding
We believe our UltraShield composite siding is the best choice for anyone wanting to upgrade their exterior wall cladding. Here are our reasons:
Our UltraShield Technology Provides Superior Protection
UltraShield technology offers many benefits and has revolutionized the composite board industry. NewTechWood became a pioneer in this technology back in 2010 when it set out to develop a deck board material that was more attractive, more durable and longer-lasting than any other composite decking material on the market.
After years of designing and testing, NewTechWood invented a product that surpassed all others in both performance and appearance. The strength, durability and beauty of UltraShield products can be explained by their composition, which consists of two main parts:
- Co-extruded cap: The cap, which protects all sides of the board, is an impenetrable layer that can withstand staining, fading, scratching, cupping, swelling, mold and mildew. During the manufacturing process, NewTechWood uses high temperatures to fuse the core and shield together simultaneously. This means that no harmful adhesives or chemicals are released into the air.
- Composite core: The core of UltraShield products is made by mixing high-quality recycled materials with dense hardwood and softwood fibers, which provides the product with impressive strength and durability. These products are all 100% recyclable.
This cutting-edge technology provides many benefits, including:
- Fade resistance: The unique formulation of the shield guarantees that it will retain its vibrant, high-quality colors for much longer than regular composite decking products with poorer UV-resistance.
- Splitting resistance: The impenetrable layer of the cap also prevents the surface from splitting, which increases the longevity of the product.
- Stain resistance: If you spill something on your UltraShield composite siding – even wine, coffee or oil – it will not stain. Thanks to its protective shield, the boards will never absorb liquids, so you can easily clean up any mess.
- Mold resistance: The shield also offers protection from mold and mildew, both of which are known to eat away at wooden boards.
- Fire resistance: Unlike traditional wooden boards, UltraShield composite cladding is fire-resistant.
- Pest resistance: Many insects, including termites, carpenter ants and carpenter bees, like to burrow into wood siding, which can be disastrous. Luckily, Ultrashield also protects against these invaders.
- Low maintenance: Your shield contains multi-chromatic colors, so you won’t ever have to sand, oil or paint it.
While our composite cladding is similar in composition to our decking and other Ultrashield products, our cladding is not just deck boards turned sideways — they feature a water seal that was specifically designed to prolong the longevity of your building.
Our Green Manufacturing Techniques
If you’re a homeowner, you must consider the environmental impact that your installation will have. Since you’re concerned about environmental sustainability, you’ll be glad to know that we’re committed to making our products with the most eco-friendly production methods available. And we’re not just following recent trends — our company went green long before it was fashionable.
At NewTechWood, we follow the three main pillars of green living — environmental protection, social development and economic development. Our production methods reflect this philosophy, which include:
- Recycled materials: Our products consist of 95% recycled materials, including plastic bottles and reclaimed wood fibers. Our parent company has been dedicated to this practice for almost three decades. By doing this, every month we save over 12 million pounds of plastic from going into a landfill. And we don’t recycle just any material — we have control over the entire recycling process and select only the highest-quality materials, so we always know exactly what goes into our products.
- Adherence to regulations: We have third-party organizations perform yearly audits to make sure we comply with safety, environmental and health regulations.
- Reduced carbon emissions: We are committed to reducing our carbon footprint by minimizing our waste, conserving energy and making use of the most efficient production processes.
By choosing NewTechWood products, which are made from recycled materials by a company committed to eco-friendly practices, you are taking part in this green initiative. The resources you’ll be using will help the environment instead of harming it.
Ideal for Smart Homes
If you have or are planning to buy a smart home, NewTechWood’s UltraShield siding is a great choice.
A smart home can be defined as a house that provides comfort, security, convenience and energy efficiency by using sophisticated technology and materials. Its benefits generally include:
- Green energy: Smart homes tend to be wind- or solar-powered and use the shade of trees to reduce cooling costs. Their windows, doors and siding are also placed in a way that helps the inside stay comfortable regardless of the weather outside.
- Automated lighting: Smart homes generally have lights that turn on and off automatically as you enter or leave a room.
- Radiant heating: This type of heating warms homes by heating mass instead of air, which is a cost-effective way to stay comfortable when the weather is exceptionally cold or hot.
- Geothermal heating: With this type of heating, deep core thermal systems get energy from the earth to provide cooling and heating to homes.
Although smart homes have higher upfront prices, these costs can be quickly recovered through cheaper energy bills. However, for smart homes to use less energy, they must be equipped with high-quality siding. It won’t make sense to spend extra on energy-efficient cooling and heating if the heated or cooled air can escape easily through your walls.
Choice of Styles
At NewTechWood, you can choose between two styles of composite siding — the All-Weather System and the European-style.
The All-Weather system features 5.5″-wide boards while the European boards are 4.8″ wide with three raised sections to give it an especially narrow appearance.
- Tongue & Groove US09
- 5.5 x 0.5 in
(142 x 13 mm)
NewTechWood US09 tongue and groove siding can be installed both horizontally and vertically. For detailed instructions, review the information in the Installation section